Sunday, December 6, 2009

Devry Dilemma

devry

<


so im  currently working on getting into devry university so that i can acquire my associate degree in health information and technology.  Yeah yeah I know, just a cover career that enables me to surf the net all day , but so what this is my story !
  never the less I started the long application process,  fafsa .edu ,devry's application fee ,the works .  Then comes the moment i dreaded. Devry calls me in for a  placement test.  *the horror*!     Instantly panicking I try to remember every thing ive ever learned or didnt, in highschoool. Now although I did exceptionally well in highschool  I wont say I had the best grades in math. But reading comprehension and any kind of writing I  have always excelled at ,  I guess thats why my teachers ignored my lack of knowledge in certain areas of math. I just could not get it  no matter how hard I tried I have always need extra tutoring, or lessons to keep my math up.
so imagine my non shock when I take the placement test for devry and  score very high in reading,only to score a measly 29 in math (passin is 38). .So now on this very cold ,snowy early morning in georgia im headed to devry to have a math review. God  just when u thought u have jumped the having to do math train it always stops right in your station!

So me and the besty embark on this early morning journey from kennesaw georgia to alpharetta  which is about a 45 minute ride. On the way there we stop for breakfast , & hit the highway with trey songs blasting in the speakers. Not even 15 minutes later we are forced to pulled over to the side of the road because of a stubborn nissan altima.!
devy blog

I could not have asked for a more perfect timing ! Although stoked the dilemma bought me more time to study, as I sat waiting for AAA and typing my blog ,I realize that no matter what I do, or where I go , no matter how I add it or subtract ,it math will always be there . It will always be there as a reminder that I have unfinished business to attend to , and until I handle that buisiness math will just keep rearing its ugly lil head and keep pulling into my station
  devry                                                                                         

2 comments:

ray charles said...

Everything happens for a reason. Imagine if we were in the middle lane!Omg ...life flashing across my mental screen . Its all good tho AAA works like 007"s do !!!BApBap!!

Anonymous said...

Get dat Paper